Ghana, land of the gold coast
Our tour takes us to West Africa, where Ghana has been known as the “Land of Gold Coast” for centuries. The region’s vast deposits of gold made it a major center of trade and commerce, and Ghana’s ancient kingdoms were renowned for their wealth and power. Today, gold mining remains an important industry in Ghana, and the country is one of the world’s top producers of the precious metal.
Tourist tour for Ghana, the Land of Gold Coast.
Here it is:
Day 1: Accra
Start your tour in Accra, the vibrant capital city of Ghana. Visit the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, which honors Ghana’s first president and the leader of its independence movement. Then head to the National Museum of Ghana to learn about the country’s rich cultural history.
Day 2: Cape Coast
Travel west to Cape Coast, a historic port city that was a center of the Atlantic slave trade. Visit the Cape Coast Castle, which was used to hold slaves before they were shipped to the Americas. Then take a walk through the nearby Kakum National Park, which is home to a canopy walkway that offers stunning views of the rainforest.
Day 3: Elmina
Visit Elmina, a coastal town located just east of Cape Coast. Take a tour of the Elmina Castle, which was also used in the slave trade and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site. Then head to the nearby beaches, which are known for their white sand and turquoise waters.
Day 4: Kumasi
Travel north to Kumasi, the cultural capital of Ghana. Visit the Manhyia Palace Museum to learn about the Ashanti kingdom, one of the most powerful kingdoms in West Africa. Then head to the nearby Kejetia Market, one of the largest outdoor markets in West Africa, to experience the local culture and buy some souvenirs.
Day 5: Mole National Park
Head northwest to Mole National Park, a wildlife reserve that is home to elephants, antelopes, warthogs, and other animals. Take a guided safari tour to explore the park and see its wildlife up close.
Day 6: Tamale
Visit Tamale, the largest city in northern Ghana. Take a tour of the Tamale Central Market, which is known for its colorful fabrics and handicrafts. Then head to the nearby Larabanga Mosque, which is one of the oldest mosques in West Africa and is known for its unique architecture.
Day 7: Lake Volta
Travel east to Lake Volta, the largest man-made lake in the world. Take a boat tour of the lake to see its scenic views and learn about the local fishing industry. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Ghanaian meal and cultural performance before returning to Accra.
This concludes the suggested tour for Ghana, the Land of Gold Coast. Of course, you can modify the itinerary according to your preferences and time constraints. Enjoy your trip!
Here are the official websites for the destinations mentioned in the tour
- Accra: https://visitghana.com/regions/greater-accra/
- Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park: https://www.ghana.com/kwame-nkrumah-memorial-park
- National Museum of Ghana: http://museumsofghana.gov.gh/
- Cape Coast: https://visitghana.com/regions/central-region/
- Cape Coast Castle: https://www.ghana.com/cape-coast-castle
- Kakum National Park: https://www.ghana.com/kakum-national-park
- Elmina: https://visitghana.com/regions/central-region/
- Elmina Castle: https://www.ghana.com/elmina-castle
- Kumasi: https://visitghana.com/regions/ashanti-region/
- Manhyia Palace Museum: http://ashantikingdom.org/manhyiapalacemuseum.htm
- Kejetia Market: https://www.ghana.com/kejetia-market
- Mole National Park: https://www.ghana.com/mole-national-park
- Tamale: https://visitghana.com/regions/northern-region/
- Tamale Central Market: https://www.ghana.com/tamale-central-market
- Larabanga Mosque: https://www.ghana.com/larabanga-mosque
- Lake Volta: https://visitghana.com/regions/eastern-region/
These websites provide information about attractions, events, accommodations, and more, so they can be useful for planning your trip to Ghana, the Land of Gold Coast.
- GHANA TOURISM AUTHORITY: https://www.youtube.com/c/GhanaTourismAuthority/videos
- Amazing Ghana: https://www.youtube.com/c/AmazingGhana/featured
Do not forget to like and to subscribe to the channels!
Table with the locations, their characteristics, and some suggested places to view
|Location||Characteristics||Places to View|
|Accra||Vibrant capital city, historic sites, cultural attractions||Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, National Museum of Ghana|
|Cape Coast||Historic port city, slave trade history, rainforest canopy walkway||Cape Coast Castle, Kakum National Park|
|Elmina||Coastal town, slave trade history, beaches||Elmina Castle, Elmina beaches|
|Kumasi||Cultural capital, Ashanti kingdom history, outdoor markets||Manhyia Palace Museum, Kejetia Market|
|Mole National Park||Wildlife reserve, elephants, antelopes, warthogs||Safari tours|
|Tamale||Northern city, local markets, historic mosque||Tamale Central Market, Larabanga Mosque|
|Lake Volta||Largest man-made lake in the world, fishing industry||Boat tours, traditional Ghanaian meal and cultural performance|
I hope you find this table helpful in planning your trip to Ghana, the Land of Gold Coast!
Ghana, land of the gold coast On Amazon
Ghana is a beautiful country! Did you ever visit?
Invest in your future & learn
Learn affiliate marketing & build your own website with an awesome community and join me there. You can be a free starter for as long as needed. It includes free hosting and basic teachings. If you are an advanced user, you may like to level up. Just have a look, and see for yourself!