Tourist tour for Tibet, the Land of Golden Jewelry
Our final destination is Tibet, where gold has been used to create exquisite jewelry for centuries. The region’s skilled artisans are renowned for their intricate designs and attention to detail, and Tibetan gold jewelry is highly prized by collectors and connoisseurs around the world. From delicate filigree to bold statement pieces, Tibet’s golden jewelry is a testament to the region’s rich cultural heritage.
A suggested tourist tour for Tibet, the Land of Golden Jewelry.
Here it is:
Day 1: Lhasa
Start your tour in Lhasa, the capital city of Tibet. Visit the Potala Palace, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was once the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. Then head to the nearby Jokhang Temple, which is a sacred Buddhist site and one of the most important in Tibet.
Day 2: Namtso Lake
Travel north to Namtso Lake, which is one of the highest lakes in the world and is known for its stunning natural beauty. Take a walk around the lake and enjoy the fresh air and breathtaking views. Then head to the nearby Tashi Dor Island, which is home to a beautiful temple and offers a unique perspective on the lake.
Day 3: Gyantse
Travel southeast to Gyantse, a historic town that is known for its traditional Tibetan architecture and cultural heritage. Visit the Pelkor Chode Monastery, which is home to stunning murals and sculptures. Then head to the nearby Kumbum Stupa, which is a 35-meter tall structure that is adorned with thousands of images of Buddha.
Day 4: Shigatse
Travel west to Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet. Visit the Tashilhunpo Monastery, which is a historic site and home to many important relics and artifacts. Then head to the nearby Shalu Monastery, which is known for its unique blend of Tibetan and Chinese architecture.
Day 5: Nyingchi
Travel east to Nyingchi, a region that is known for its stunning natural beauty and diverse wildlife. Visit the Yarlung Tsangpo Grand Canyon, which is one of the deepest canyons in the world and offers breathtaking views. Then head to the nearby Lulang Forest, which is home to many rare and endangered species.
Day 6: Lhasa
Return to Lhasa for your final day in Tibet. Visit the Barkhor Street, which is a bustling market and a great place to buy souvenirs and local crafts. In the evening, head to the nearby Norbulingka Palace, which is a historic site and a great place to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
This concludes the suggested tour for Tibet, the Land of Golden Jewelry. Of course, you can modify the itinerary according to your preferences and time constraints. Enjoy your trip!
The official websites for the destinations mentioned in the tour:
- Lhasa: https://www.tibettravel.org/lhasa/
- Potala Palace: http://potalapalace.com/
- Jokhang Temple: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/lhasa/jokhang-temple.html
- Namtso Lake: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/namtso-lake.html
- Gyantse: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/gyantse.html
- Pelkor Chode Monastery: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/gyantse/pelkor-chode-monastery.html
- Kumbum Stupa: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/gyantse/kumbum-stupa.html
- Shigatse: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/shigatse.html
- Tashilhunpo Monastery: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/shigatse/tashilhunpo-monastery.html
- Shalu Monastery: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/shigatse/shalu-monastery.html
- Nyingchi: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/nyingchi.html
- Yarlung Tsangpo Grand Canyon: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/nyingchi/yarlung-tsangpo-grand-canyon.html
- Lulang Forest: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/nyingchi/lulang-forest.html
- Barkhor Street: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/lhasa/barkhor-street.html
- Norbulingka Palace: https://www.chinadiscovery.com/tibet/lhasa/norbulingka-palace.html
These websites provide information about attractions, events, accommodations, and more, so they can be useful for planning your trip to Tibet, the Land of Golden Jewelry.
- Tibetan Travelogue: https://www.youtube.com/c/TibetanTravelogue/videos
- TIBET by China: https://www.youtube.com/c/TIBETbyChina/videos
Do not forget to like the videos and to subscribe to the channels!
Table with the locations, their characteristics, and some suggested places to view
|Location||Characteristics||Places to View|
|Lhasa||Capital city, historical sites, sacred temples||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street|
|Namtso Lake||High altitude lake, stunning natural beauty||Tashi Dor Island, Lake Trek|
|Gyantse||Historic town, traditional Tibetan architecture||Pelkor Chode Monastery, Kumbum Stupa, Gyantse Fortress|
|Shigatse||Second largest city in Tibet, historic sites||Tashilhunpo Monastery, Shalu Monastery, Sakya Monastery|
|Nyingchi||Diverse wildlife, natural beauty||Yarlung Tsangpo Grand Canyon, Lulang Forest, Namjagbarwa Peak|
I hope you find this table helpful in planning your trip to Tibet, the Land of Golden Jewelry!
Tibet Golden Jewelry On Amazon
Ever been there?
Invest in your future & learn
Learn affiliate marketing & build your own website with an awesome community and join me there. You can be a free starter for as long as needed. It includes free hosting and basic teachings. If you are an advanced user, you may like to level up. Just have a look, and see for yourself!